It all started when the Insurance Commission called for a forum with executives of all Health Maintenance Organizations on February 21, 2017.
Two officers from well-known HMOs exchanged ideas about creating an umbrella group which, while a like-organization with the incumbent, will genuinely represent its members in all industry-sensible platforms.
What seemed to be a passive interaction progressed to what would be a gathering of independent companies two weeks later at the Tower Club in Makati on April 7, 2017.
It was a marriage of friendships and principles, until eleven companies organized itself to become the Philippine Association of HMO Companies on April 21, 2017. It was followed by the election of the first set of officers, and the eventual recognition of the Insurance Commission on July 10 of the same year.
PAHMOC now stands as a strong organization of principled and passionate HMOs committed to work together in evolving the HMO industry to new heights of success for the benefit of all its members and stakeholders.
1. To contribute fully to the development of a strong and healthy Filipino nation.
2. To further the cause for HMO’s in the country and create a favorable climate for growth and prosperity.
3. To present a united front in the effort to create a better HMO Industry.
4. To serve as a forum for ideas, viewpoints, concerns, problems etc. of their members.
5. To establish and adhere to a common standard and guideline in the delivery of healthcare services.
6. To give a voice to small - to medium - sized HMO’s struggling to survive and thrive in a relatively infant industry.
Maxicare Healthcare Corporation
Kaiser International Health Group Inc.
Philhealth Care, Inc.
Eastwest Healthcare, Inc.
Optimum Medical & Health Services, Inc.
Carewell Health Systems, Inc.
Asiancare Health Systems, Inc.
Carehealth Plus Systems International, Inc.
Life and Health HMP, Inc.
Medocare Health Systems, Inc.